Wednesday, July 13, 2022

All Mine To Give 7/13/2022

 Good Morning,

This is the day the Lord has made for each of us. I pray we receive it with a content heart. I just poured a hot cup of Door County Mocha Mint Coffee and now it is time to write..

Today I will continue my morning blog with the human heart. The actual physical heart is nothing more than a muscle, some valves, and an electrical system that keeps pumping oxygen enriched blood through our bodies.

Solomon 8:6-7 Place me like a seal over your heart, like a seal on your arm. For love is as strong as death, it's jealousy as enduring as the grave. Love flashes like fire, the brightest kind of flame. 7. Many waters cannot quench love, nor can rivers drown it. If a man tried to buy love with all his wealth, his offer would be utterly scorned. 


But enter in another use of the heart is the the ability to store emotions and feelings within our hearts. This is of course a metaphor and it signifies that our hearts can store emotions in our personal closet. We can love with our hearts. We can hate with our hearts. We can store love and hate in our hearts. Again a metaphor. 

Having attended a wedding last Saturday I was doing some day dreaming during the ceremony. The young couple had a lot of stuff going on in their hearts, They weren't hating. But they were sharing their love from their hearts. They were also absorbing love at the same time.

My daydreams took me to a question. The couple was there and they were asked during the ceremony if they were there to be married and if they were there under duress or forced to do so. So I asked myself within the contents of my day dream "How would they look if this were an arranged marriage and my brother had to buy a wife for his son?" I don't believe we would have seen such bright and shiny smiles like we witnessed Saturday.

I believe there is no greater gift than to give your new spouse all of your heart and let them know that it was your choice to spend the rest of your life with them. Also one should acknowledge that they have given you the right to take their heart and also spend the rest of your life with them. Your heart is yours and it is all yours to give away. It is a big deal to have someone give you their heart and let you be a part of their life. Cherish it always. 

Food for thought. 

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment