Tuesday, June 1, 2021

How Rude! 5/31/2021

 Good Morning, 

I believe that what I will write about today will stir the coffee without a spoon. My Door County Cherry Creme Coffee is hot for sure, add a little bit of my temper to it and my cup is boiling over. 

Psalm 82:3-4 Defend the poor and fatherless; do justice to the afflicted and needy; 4. deliver the poor and needy; Free them from the hand of the wicked. 

Yesterday we observed Memorial Day in the United States. Notice I said observed , not celebrated. No one really wants to celebrate deaths on a battle field. It is a day of reflection and honor for those killed in battle action. 


All morning long our phone and my personal phone was being called by people wanting to sell me Medicare supplemental insurance or lower my cable television expenses. I politely asked one such caller if she knew what today was and if she knew what it meant to many. She hung up on me. The next caller listened to me and then said, " This will only take a minute ". When I explained to him that I did not see it as appropriate for them to be placing calls to private residences on basically a day of mourning, he hung up on me. I won't call out the two companies publicly . But they will receive an email with a stern tongue lashing. This is rude behavior and shows total disrespect for the day to remember. 

Respect for history and those who grieve the loss of a friend or family member was out the window yesterday. These two companies are a disgrace to business and should be ashamed for their lack of respect. I said my piece and I really don't feel better. The rudeness of these two businesses show a lack of leadership and community. 

Respect others, observe the characteristic  and quality of being respectful.

God bless,

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment