Tuesday, June 8, 2021

When The Decision Is Hard 6/8/2021

 Good Morning,

May the Lord smile on you today as you go about your daily routine. I have a cup of Door County Bourbon Pecan Pie Coffee next to me and now it is time to write.

Have you ever watched someone struggle with a decision they need to make? It is a hard thing to do. For your part in the process, you should be praying for them to listen to the leading of God. When we find ourselves at a crossroad in life and a decision needs to be made, prayer, and reading Scripture should go hand in hand. 


We can test our decision.  Is the decision moral and does Scripture support it? Did God confirm it through His word?

Does anyone you trust to tell you what you don't want to hear confirming the decision? Did they pray about it also? 

What good fruit is being produced by the decision? Do you have peace?

Patience and waiting on the Lord in any decision is tough, but necessary. If you are one who jumps the gun and rushes to a decision without hearing from God, you will find yourself constantly bailing yourself out from the decision you rushed into. 

If the decision brings you to be able to serve the Lord and grow in Him more, that is the first step in knowing the decision is on thee write track. If it affords more time for the family that is a good choice.

Now sometimes in our lives when we are at the cross road it is best not to move right our left, but to back up and prepare yourself a little better to advance right or left. 

Back in 1983 when jobs were more scarce than hair on my head, I found myself needing a job. I took a job in healthcare and promised myself that after one year I was headed back to the trades and my pipe wrenches. I prayed about that almost daily. I had also been praying to meet someone to share my life with. I met someone and married her. Many times I was tempted to leave healthcare and go back to the trade I knew very well. But God would remind me to listen, stay put and be content. In that process, I had time to go to school and my life took a turn I never thought would be the chosen path. The health care pay was diddly do at first, but as the years went by it turned out to be quite nice. I actually went backwards to go forward. Promotions were offered and sometimes not taken. God was in control. In other times a promotion was offered and I accepted. This was always done after prayer and Godly consult. By the way. I retired from health care work after 36 years. 

When we trust God to direct us on the path to choose, we are allowing our decision to be faith based and therefore it produces more faith for the next decision. 

Psalm 46:10 Be still and know that I am God.

Jeremiah 33:3 Call out to Me and I will answer you. 

Isaiah 30 :21 Whether you turn to the right or the left. You will hear a still small voice behind you saying, this is the way, walk in it.

Psalm 119:105. Your word Is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path.

Whoever is reading this and is struggling with a decision, you were prayed for today.

God bless,

Marty


No comments:

Post a Comment