Thursday, June 10, 2021

Sometimes You Just Need A Laugh

 Good Morning,

How about a hot cup of Door County Chocolate Cherry  Coffee and  some cold fruit to start the day? I think I have a breakfast fit for a king. Time to write. 



Job 8:21 He will yet fill your mouth with laughter, and your lips with shouting. 

Last night to beat the heat I took our two Springer Spaniels for a swim in a local pond. We combined cooling off with some training (work) and some fun. The two dogs took to the water and after splashing around we did some retrieving training. 

When it was time to leave neither dog was having any of the truck. They wanted to stay and work or play some more. I commanded them to get into the truck and they both just sat there. This just won't do. I expect my dogs to snap to when given a command. 

Dogs identify with some words. No means no and kennel up is usually followed with them getting into the truck. So as we sat there in the battle of wills I said "Ice cream!" Those two wet furry clowns headed right for the truck. A stop at the local custard emporium was had. I did however bring some custard home for my wife too. I told her about HER disobedient dogs and she laughed pretty hard. Rene asked me "Who trained who?" She thanked me for the laugh and said "Next time don't mention steak." 

We both laughed. We needed a laugh and that was a good one. Later last night, Rene took the dogs outside for one last bladder call. When it was time to come in from the outside, Rene gave them the call "Come". Both of the dogs flew inside the house. Rene once again had a comment. "Maybe they like me more than they like you". LOL

Sometimes you just need to laugh. A good laugh is a gift from God. 

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment