Monday, June 28, 2021

Red Is Red 6/28/2021

 Good Morning,

My day began very very early today and there will be no coffee for this boy this morning. Maybe later??

Proverbs 14:12 There is a way that seems right to a man, but it's way is a way to death. 

Yesterday my wife Rene and I made a little road trip Northwest of the major city we live near in search of antiques and basically just to spend some time together. We discovered a few new spots that will get revisited again for sure. 

The photo is random and not anything witnessed yesterday.

I wanted to spend some more time together than usual and the two of us very rarely stop for lunch on our outings. But my goal of having a full day was going to be met and I insisted we do lunch! Our travels took us from a small town, back into the city to get to a place that I have been wanting to try for almost two years. I will say this. The food was good enough to make me want to go back and we will. Our travel took us from the West side of the city to the East side. During that time period we witnessed two cars just to be plain about it "running a red stop light". It wasn't that they had started out a little too late. They came through with cars going East or West from the North and the South, well after they should have and could have stopped. 

In one of the two instances we saw two way too close to a crash happening that we cringed. I had already took on a defensive driving mood. 

What's my thought on this is very clear. Some people have no regard for life, theirs or others. This is a shame and I am not sure of the solution. So I will pray for those who don't regard their life as important and for common sense for them to drive in a way that promotes safety for all.  Red means red and red means stop. The message is simple. I don't want this to be an editorial but a call to prayer. I have seen more and more reckless driving than ever before. Let's teach our young people right from wrong. Let's all take a refresher course on right from wrong and set the example for others. Let's live what we desire others to live like. I have seen this type of driving in our own neighborhood. Our neighbors are quick to remind the Speed Racers of the neighborhood to slow down and observe stop signs. Yet it continues. 

That's my spew for the day. Have A Safe Summer

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment