Saturday, June 12, 2021

Unplugging And Resting 6/12/2021

 Good Morning,

The sun is cutting through some morning fog. My hot cup of Door County Cinnamon Hazelnut Coffee is doing the same in my head. 


Starting tomorrow I will be unplugging my blog for few days. I am taking some time away from my usual routine to unwind, unplug, and sort out the attic of my mind and enjoy some of the great outdoors with friends and family. The blog will be back on Saturday the 19th of June.  Lord willing. 

I haven't taken a trip like this in quite some time. My wife will be staying behind with our two dogs and manning the home fires. A group of men and myself will be fishing for the week hoping to get our fill of walleye shore lunches and fresh air. I will have a notebook with me and I will be jotting down some thoughts now and then to share in my daily writings when I return. 

I want all of you reading this to know that I consider it a privilege to be able to share my thoughts every day with you. It is a privilege to read your comments and at times be praying for all of you readers.  

This daily blog isn't a "hobby" but something I feel called to do. However it is important for me to take a rest, some time to pray and reacquaint myself with some old buddies, meet a couple of new guys and spend some time with my old sidekick of a nephew. 

Until I return I leave you with four passages from God's Word. 

1.  Romans 12:1-2 Therefore, I urge you brothers and sisters, in view of God's mercy, to offer your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and pleasing to God. This is your true and proper worship. 2. Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able, to test and approve what God's will is, His good and pleasing will. Renew your minds in the Word. 

2.   Luke 5:16 But He would withdraw to desolate places and pray. Take time to pray. 

3.   Philippians 1:3-6  I thank my God upon every remembrance of you, 4. always in every prayer of mine making requests for you with all joy, 5. for your fellowship in the Gospel from the first day until now, 6. being confident of this very thing, that He who has begun a good work in you will complete it until the day of Jesus Christ. God is not done with you yet. You are important. 

4.   Philippians 4:8 Finally brethren, what ever thing are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy, meditate on these things. Think on the good things. Don't let this world get you down.

You are loved. 

Marty

1 comment:

  1. Marty, refresh and renew the man, seek God and His will for you, be safe. Love you.

    ReplyDelete