Wednesday, June 30, 2021

Looking One Way And Rowing Another 6/30/21

 Good Morning,

The dogs have been outside and are fed. My Door County Blueberry Cobbler Coffee is brewing and I am ready to write.

Psalm 23:2-3 He makes me lie down in green pastures. He leads me beside still waters. 3 He restores my soul, and leads me in paths of righteousness for His names sake.

I like to hunt puddle ducks and to hunt those rascals requires a good decoy spread. Some of the water I hunt requires for me to have a small row boat that I can throw into the water and row out and set my decoys. Sometimes I have to row to a destination on a small lake or river. 



I as well as every hunter know that to get to your destination or to pick up the decoys you have to keep your eye on where you want to go. Take your eye off of your destination or the decoy you want and you will be off of the mark in no time flat. A small breeze can blow you off of your mark. My right arm is stronger than my left arm and just the muscle imbalance can reset what once was a straight course if you aren't guiding your trip with you eyes. 

I can get out of balance with my walk in life when I desire to go one way but take my eye off of the goal. God requires us to keep Him in sight and look to Him for guidance. Once I take my eye off of my Creator I start heading out on my own often headed to the wrong things in life. Once the boat of your life starts going in poor directions it takes a lot to recover from the mistakes and mayhem you can get into. One such thing is my mouth. My mouth can get me in all kinds of trouble when not guided by the principles of Godly speech. 

My point for today. Keep your eye on God, He leads you in ways that won't embarrass you or Him.

Have a great day,

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment