Sunday, June 20, 2021

Lessons From Dad On Father's Day 6/20/2021

 Good Morning,

I seem to be back into my routine and this Sunday morning finds me outside writing to all of you with a cup of Door County Cherry Creme Coffee next to me and our two dogs running the property. 

Proverbs 22:6 Train up a child in the way he should go, and when they are older they will not depart from it. 


Today in the United States we celebrate "FATHERS" and as for me I am the proud father of a daughter. Happy Fathers Day to all. So as to not miss the opportunity to honor all the dads out there I also want to honor those who might not have been blessed with children, yet are a father to many. For instance uncles or family friends who fill in now and then to make a lasting impact on the life of a kid when their dad is possibly gone to be with the Lord, or for a dad who just can't physically do things with their kids or for those kids who's father is just plain absent. Those guys who fill in the gaps, I applaud what you do. "Honorary Dads"

Men, you might not think you don't have much to offer and teach to your children. We tend to leave way too many lessons for the ladies in their lives to teach. We have many lessons we can leave as a legacy to our children. One lesson I learned from my dad was to work hard, save some money, and don't charge things on credit. I also was taught the lesson of "a big knife isn't necessary to dress out a deer", basically do things in moderation. I was taught which side of the tree will possibly hold mushrooms to eat. I learned a lot of lessons from my dad, some more valuable than others. 

Romans 12:21 You then who teach others, do you not also teach yourself? 

In order to learn you must have a teacher. Dads have to be willing to teach, which often takes time. Dads have to be patient and forgiving when leading a child. Dads need to be able to praise a child and discipline that same child when necessary. The goal of any dad should be to see their child succeed in life using some of the things you taught them. 

Dads and honorary dads take your job seriously and enjoy the opportunity to be able to teach, praise, discipline, and love your child or the child you are helping out with. Stand in the gaps for them and let them know that as long as you are alive they never walk alone. 

I will be using Proverbs 22:6 as a base scripture for two more lessons this week. Happy Father's Day!

God bless,

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment