Thursday, June 3, 2021

Standing On Holy Ground 6/3/2021

 Good Morning,

I am facing East and the sun is so bright today that I am having a little difficulty writing. But, I am enjoying every minute of watching my two dogs chase birds in the yard and drinking my Door County Blueberry Cobbler Coffee. 

I want to take a few minutes to discuss uncertainty and the fact that it is a feature of the world right now and yet as overwhelming as it might be, it is an opportunity to stand on holy ground.

Right now we have people who are unemployed. We have people who don't want to be employed. We have cyber attacks on just about everything right now. I will make this statement on that "Mess with my steak and you are walking on the fighting side of me." And I can get pretty mean!

Gas prices are go up and up. Stimulus checks are a joke. Instead of helping families out, the extra money is being blown on inflation. And in all of this we are still fighting a world wide pandemic. I just heard from my friend in Haiti and they are being eaten up and spit out by the Covid nightmare. It might be subsiding in the United States, but those countries who are less fortunate are suffering terribly.

So my friends, the world is full of uncertainty. In the Old Testament when God chose Joshua to be the successor to Moses who had died. Joshua was certainly facing uncertainty with many opposing armies looking to see how he would lead and if he were to be feared. Joshua was leading a nation who in uncertain times backpedaled away from God in the past. But God's instructions were clear.

Joshua 1:9 Have I not commanded you? Be strong and of good courage; do not be afraid, nor dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go. 

Dear loved ones. I am trying myself to look at these uncertain times and see a positive. Joshua had many doubts and fears along with lots of questions, just like we all do. Look again at Joshua 1:9. Read it and think it through. The uncertainty that you face, we face, has us on Holy Ground. God is with us wherever we go. Read more on Joshua in the Old Testament. See God's work at Jericho. Take my challenge today and read more and see that God was with Joshua and his people and is still with us now.

When confronted by Jesus the Commander Of the Lord's Army in Joshua 5 we see that Joshua was told that he was standing on Holy Ground.

Today, embrace the fact that God is with you as you face uncertain times and in that, you stand on Holy Ground. You just might be able to see the plan more clearly.

God bless,

Marty

2 comments:

  1. Friday June 4th,
    Marty, I read Deut. 8 this morning, very sobering passage. Our God is a very merciful God.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He sure is. This world is in turmoil, most of it we caused ourselves..

      Delete