Friday, April 17, 2020

Waiting On The Lord 4/17/2020

Good Morning,

I am writing late today and I apologize for doing so. This virus took me to task last night and I finally feel asleep around the time that I usually write to all of you. My wonderful wife just placed a cup of hot Door County Churro Coffee into my room. It's a wonderful teat for the day.


James 1:2-4 Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, when you face trials of many kinds, because you know, that the testing of you faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish it's work, so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything. 

This is day 24 for me with a fever and if I have learned anything from this experience is that patience is not one of my virtues. I thought for sure I would have been better by now and out and about doing as I please.  Many people have been praying for me and I want to say thank you. I am not suffering anything that is unbearable. The fevers can be treated with Tylenol, the cough is almost gone. My eye is itching and red but has stopped weeping all over.  My body aches, but the Tylenol usually tames the aches and pain.

I have prayed for my health as well as my wife, friends and family has. Each morning we look for a feverless day with the hopes of stringing three days together and calling it cured. That hasn't happened.

So my take on this is to count my blessings.

1. It could be worse. I am glad it isn't.
2. I have been able to study more.
3. I have been able to pray for others more.
4. My wife is learning to cook and the food has been excellent.
5. I was taught a lesson or two.
6. I am learning to be content .
7. I have learned that I am a not a patient man. ( I kind of knew that)
8. I am learning more about being patient. Another word for patience is perseverance
9. This virus time is teaching me patience and it will benefit me somehow, someday, somewhere.

I am waiting on The Lord and want to publicly say that I know this wait is for my own good. Only the future will tell what I will tell us what the patience is for.

God bless,

Marty

5 comments: