Wednesday, April 15, 2020

Hot Chocolate Goes A Long Way

Good Morning,

Happy Wednesday to all of you. I just poured a cup of Door County S'mores Coffee and now it is time to write.

Matthew 25:40 The King will reply. Truly I tell you, whatsoever you do for the least of these brothers and sisters, of mine, that you did for Me. 

Not much works for curing this virus and in all reality the best thing I have found is to make myself as comfortable as I can. Rest and good beverages seem to help. The hotter the beverage the better.


I know we have an army of healthcare workers in the middle of this ruckus. They deserve a big shout out and all of our appreciation.  I want to take a moment though to give a shout out and my love to the caregivers on the home front. I get greeted every morning by my wife who has donned her mask and gloves and is armed with a hot cup of coffee. Later she changes roles and becomes the laundry technician.  Clean sheets, clothes and a fresh supply of tissues are brought to me every morning. Later my non cooking wife becomes a chef in training  and she is seen prepping things in the kitchen for lunch and dinner. I have not lost weight.

She runs the dogs and the yard is totally clean of dog land mines.  Then just before I attempt sleeping she arrives with a large cup of hot chocolate. The steam opens my nose and lungs.

So to all those who are out there and taking care of others at home. I salute you and thank God for you.

Now all of you who are receiving this great care. Mark it down and remember it. You just never know when it will be your turn to become a nurse, chef and pooper scooper.

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment