Tuesday, April 7, 2020

The Wednesday Before Easter 4/8/2020

Good Morning,

A hot cup of Door County Inn Keepers Blend Coffee is at my side and two dogs at my feet.

Our Men's Bible Study has been working through an excellent book by John Snyder. Behold Your God. The Weight Of Majesty has us in chapter 9 . The Bible verse that kicked off this study is found in the book of Colossians.


Colossians 2:6-7  Therefore as you have received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk in Him, having been firmly rooted and now being built up in Him and established in your faith, just as you were instructed, and overflowing with gratitude. 

For today, let's focus on the word walk. I think everyone can picture this in their mind. During this Corona Virus Stay at home model. I see more people walking the neighborhood for exercise than ever before. They are keeping distance between them and others. The weather has been nice enough to get out there and enjoy some sunshine. Unfortunately I feel sorry for many of the folks. I bet they wish to be walking where the scenery changes and they get to see something besides the grumpy old man who lives in our house. That guy is my wife's husband.

The Apostle Paul used the word "walk" here with the intention that our walk with God lead us to a destination. My poor wife and neighbors are walking the subdivision and going from home back to their home, never really seeing much more of the world lately. Now each of the steps they take keeps them healthy and that is a destination unto itself. But each step or decision in our day should always lead us closer to God. For instance. If I choose to disobey a commandment of God's like do not lie. I take a step away from my walk with God. It should be our goal to make every daily step, one that takes us closer to God in our spiritual walk.

Let's make that our goal as we head toward Easter. Let's walk like we know who we belong to.

God bless,

Marty

2 comments:

  1. It is so easy to see the little sins (lying or gossiping) not so bad as the big sins (murder), but it's way to easy to forget that God sees sin as sin, and it is always against Him.

    ReplyDelete