Sunday, April 19, 2020

Covid 19 No Surprise 4/19/2020

Good Morning,

The sun rose quickly this morning and is beautiful to see. I watched it come up this morning with a cup of Door County Blackberry Shortcake Coffee in my hand while our two dogs gave chase to a few robins in our yard.


Of course the all the news carries these days are stories of the covid 19 virus, it's woes and threats as well as a victory now and then. The internet is besieged by banter good and bad. Many people looking for someone to blame for the disease and lack of PPE.

Now this has come as a shock to the world and I hear many statements from the religious leaders asking for prayer and patience. As well as they should. I believe the world should learn a lesson from this and they probably will heed some caution for awhile, and then return to the old ways of living not taking this seriously. This should not come as a surprise to any of us. The Bible talks about calamity such as this and we are to expect it. No one wants to mention it and be called a fool. Well I am used to it so here goes.  I am not a man who is going to run and cry the end is near. I am foolish, but not stupid, because no man knows the time of the return of Jesus with the rapture. But Jesus does talk about it. Churches are closed. All schools are closed right now. Remember that the public schools removed prayer. The courthouse have removed the ten commandments, and even our currency in the United States that spouts "In God We Trust" is not really wanted now. A plastic card is preferred for our purchases. Churches are also making a preference and appeal to people to give on line.

This virus should not be a surprise to anyone. Here are some hard, cold Biblical facts that you don't see or hear people talking about in their daily outhouse of statements on social media now.

Luke 21:5-11
And while some were talking about the temple, that it was adorned with beautiful stones and votive gifts, He said, "As for these things which you are looking at, the days will come in which there will not be left one stone upon another which will not be torn down." They questioned Him, saying, "Teacher, when therefore will these things happen? And what will be the sign when these things are about to take place?" 
And He said, "See to it that you are not misled; for many will come in My name, saying, 'I am He,' and, 'The time is near ' Do not go after them. "When you hear of wars and disturbances, do not be terrified; for these things must take place first, but the end does not follow immediately." Then He continued by saying to them, "Nation will rise against nation and kingdom against kingdom, and there will be great earthquakes, and in various places plagues and famines; and there will be terrors and great signs from heaven.
I wonder how many people will actually return to their church buildings when this calamity ends? Or will a vacation be more important? Will prayer be instituted back in the schools? I doubt it. It didn't take much to close both the churches and schools. Earthquakes and tornadoes are rampant. Flooding seems to be normal occurrences. And O yes plagues, pestilence or virus, whatever you want to call it is here. A booming economy is barely alive now. Dental offices are closed now. Yet some of the choices of businesses to remain open are very questionable as to why they are open.

I have seen a lot of good come from this event like sharing, caring and concern. But how long will that last? A few have written about this and I am not the first at all to say this should not have come as a surprise to anyone. I will go about life, hoping for some normalcy to return, but also hoping that some of it doesn't return.

Again. not saying this is the end. But in reality the end started on Easter Sunday many years ago. Jesus will return some day and I hope we start living like we know it. It really shouldn't be a surprise to you. God keeps His Word. For the rest of the story. Pick up your Bible and read it. Does God have our attention now?

Marty



3 comments:

  1. It is sad, I am sure that many people are now looking for God to bring an end to the pestilence but, when it's over how many will continue to seek Him? I am with you, I won't say the end is near but it is nearer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was thinking about you this morning and wouldn't you know, as soon as I opened Facebook your post was the first thing that I saw. I recently texted Tony Zibolski who Is a Tech graduate of 75. He is now a pastor and remembers you. You might remember him as he was on the baseball team at Tech. I asked him to pray for your recovery, so know that there are more brethren petitioning our Heavenly Father for your eventual healing from this. When you are better I plan on calling you again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My posts appear under the title "Truth Seeker "

    ReplyDelete