Friday, April 10, 2020

The Friday Before Easter 4/10/2020

Good Morning,

I am writing to you this day with a somber heart and a cup of Door County Cherry Creme Coffee steaming at my side.


In the life of a Christian the Friday before Easter is called "Good Friday". It is the day we remember Jesus going to the cross and dying there for the payment of our sins. We are reminded today that God hates sin and if we all had to endure God's wrath for our sins we might not stand up to the punishment.

Yet, God loves us so much that He placed His full wrath upon His Son who was without sin that we might find salvation in Jesus.

John 3:16 For God so loved the world. that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish, bur have eternal life. 

2 Peter 3:9 The Lord is not slack concerning His promise, as some men count slackness, but is long suffering toward us, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

So today I will be somber in my mood knowing that a perfect man and loving Savior suffered, and died in my place. I have to live with that thought. But, I will also celebrate the fact that this was done for me. Celebrate, mourn because of guilt and being grateful all in one day is my goal.

Think about it. What a gift! What a terrible cost! What love!

Marty




1 comment:

  1. Something to think about, God in the person of Jesus Christ put off His omnipotence and made Himself subject to man's cruelty. He went to die a most horrible and painful death on the cross to pay the penalty for man's sin, the sin of the whole world. He did this so that He could offer the free gift of eternal life to all, if only they would accept it. He would have gone to that cross even if only you or I would have accepted the gift.
    What great love.

    ReplyDelete