Saturday, April 11, 2020

Saturday The Day Before Easter 4/11/2020

Good Morning,

I am waiting for the Door County Lemon Shortbread Cookie Coffee to finish brewing. Then I will pour a large mug and go outside with our dogs.


Yesterday was Good Friday and tomorrow will be Easter Sunday. As a young boy I always thought of this day as being on hold for me. The crucifixion was complete and Jesus was buried. Sunday morning we will celebrate the resurrection of Jesus from the tomb. Taking this all in as a little boy I would almost get depressed about the fact that Jesus had to be laid into a grave. I used to wonder how His mother handled Saturday, not knowing that on Sunday God would raise up His Son. I used to think about how bad His apostles and disciples had to feel.

One year when Easter was in April like this year, I went out to the back yard and saw our wild roses all bloomed on that morning. The yellow was as yellow could be. The roses were a month earlier than their usual arrival. I will never forget that day. What does this have to do with Jesus and Saturday? I had nothing to give my mom for her birthday that year. I had said a little prayer on Friday asking God  to show me what I could give my mother for her Birthday on Saturday. I believe God answered my prayer with warm weather and blooming roses. I cut a small bouquet of roses and put them in a cup and gave them to my mother. The roses were God's timing and they opened up when He wanted them to.

Mathew 12:39-40 He answered, "A wicked and adulterous generation asks for a sign! But none will be given it except the sign of the prophet Jonah. For as Jonahs was three days and three nights in the belly of a huge fish, so the Son of Man will be three days and three nights in the heart of the Earth.

So today, I will watch for God to be working somewhere doing something just like I did many years ago. But I know this for sure. The day of the resurrection, God opened that grave right on time. His timing was perfect. He did all things according to His will that the Scriptures would be fulfilled. Thus making it so much easier for all of us to believe that we serve a risen Savior.

Looking forward to writing to all of you tomorrow.

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment