Saturday, June 29, 2019

Holding Your Own 6/29/2019

Good Morning,

I just poured a cup of Door County  Cinnamon Hazelnut Coffee. I am comfortable  and now it is time to write.

Yesterday I had to travel for work and my destination put me an hour away from the home of my coffee. My wife Rene traveled with me and we headed to Door County after my duties were completed.

I have a horrendous  schedule coming up and it will include some long hours on the weekends. This might be the last weekend for rest and a sanity check.

Friends, it is important to look at the schedule now and then and plan a retreat away from life, work, worries, church duties and chores. We all need to recharge  our physical, spiritual  and emotional  batteries. Monday will arrive and the last three days will be gone. But the benefit  of spending  time  with your family, resting and relaxing  will help you endure along haul.

We are to follow in the footsteps  of Jesus  dear friends.  Sometimes  that means following  Him to rest.

Matthew 11:28 Come to me all who labor and are heavy laden and I will give you rest.

So today will be spent reading a book and relaxing with Rene until we return home tonight.  I will follow in the steps Jesus ordained  for me. He knows when it is time to rest and He provided a great way to do it.  How about you? Are you overloaded  and in need of a rest? Watch closely as you pray. God will provide even just moments  for rest. You must take advantage  of the time and the place.

Marty



No comments:

Post a Comment