Thursday, June 6, 2019

A Day To Remember 6/6/2019

Good Morning.

My day will begin with prayer and a cup of Door County Brownie Batter Coffee. I will be leaving for work soon with some thoughts on my heart and a smile on my face.

Today we remember D-Day. I for one am a little young to remember that day, but it is one that I studied in school and it impacted my life to this day. I will for as long as I live hold this day in remembrance and treat it with pride.

D-Day: The Invasion of Normandy. On June 6, 1944 the Allied Forces of Britain, America, Canada, and France attacked German forces on the coast of Normandy, France. With a huge force of over 150,000 soldiers, the Allies attacked and gained a victory that became the turning point for World War II in Europe.

D-Day . It was code-named Operation Neptune, presumably because it involved a water landing by the Allies on the beaches of Normandy, France. It is the largest military operation by sea in history, and of course it had great significance to the war.

I wasn't there, but through the years I met men that were there on that day and were blessed to survive.  One man who was there was very frank in describing his time on the beach on that fateful morning. After he told me his testimony of his time that day. I thanked him for serving us and the rest of the free world. He replied "Thank you. I served like many others and when I joined the Army I was full of stars and stripes, apple pie, and a will to save the world. Ten minutes into that battle and I was just fighting to survive and come home to my young wife. I fought and killed those trying to keep me from my wife".

Ephesians 6:12 New International Version (NIV)
12 For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.

What a tribute to his wife. He was fighting his way home. Guys we are approaching Fathers Day in a couple of weeks. We all tend to work very hard to support our families and now and then we all take some down time to relax. But, do we take too much time away from our families? Could we go home from work on time? Do we need to golf or hunt all weekend? Or do we fight our way home and not allow the world to get in the way of time with the families. Do we go to combat with prayer to get home to our families. Do our families know that they are worth fighting for? Our time with them is worth doing whatever we can to spend it with our families. Of course we must work, chores need to be done and now and then we need a rest. But are we fighting for time with those we love?

Food for thought.

Marty

2 comments:


  1. I just amazed while seeing your content!
    Keep Posting like this stuff
    Happy Fathers Day Wishes From Daughter Son

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I have been censored by Google and Face Book. It has been a challenge. Prayers appreciated.

      Delete