Monday, June 17, 2019

Dental Work Won't Produce A Smile 6/17/2019

Good Morning,

I just heard the coffee maker kick in and it won't be long until I am drinking a cup of Door County Blueberry Cobbler Coffee.



Later today I am headed to the dentist for some work on my teeth. A check up and a repair are on tap for me. I was listening to a Dental Commercial where they promise to restore your smile. It is assumed that people don't smile because of messed up teeth. That can be and is probably true. But all the new teeth in the world cannot force a person to smile. Smiling at someone is a decision and it can be to smile or not to smile. A smile given at the right time says that you are friendly and approachable. A frown is usually seen as sadness, anger, or being unapproachable. It is a conscious decision of ours to add a smile to our greetings.

I like to greet God each day in prayer with humble prayer and a smile. It let's God know how I feel about Him. He makes me smile. I want to Him to know that I am approachable and desire His time.

Numbers 6:25-27 New Living Translation (NLT)
25 May the Lord smile on you

    and be gracious to you.
26 May the Lord show you his favor
    and give you his peace.’

I hope today that God will find my actions and love for Him acceptable and that He will smile my way.

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment