Wednesday, June 5, 2019

Seven Kinds Of Crazy 6/5/2019

Good Morning,

May your burdens be light today and your coffee extra hot. My brew of choice today is Door County Peanut Butter Crunch Coffee. Let's write!



I always seem to get behind someone in the check out line at the grocery store or gas station. Yesterday was no different. I was in line behind a young mother with two little kids, who in a short time managed to pull down the candy rack and drop items from their shopping cart on to the floor. I intervened when a jar of pickles was the object of choice for a dill mess. Mom on the other hand was managing her money by sorting coupons before checking out.

Proverbs 13:24 English Standard Version (ESV)
24 Whoever spares the rod hates his son,

    but he who loves him is diligent to discipline him

I stopped Junior from launching his dill pickle bomb. Mom saw what I did and she thanked me. On the other hand Junior was upset and his sister had already left the scene and was bringing back some ice cream sandwiches  from the freezer with this statement, " Mom! We are buying these." Mom waved off the ice cream which caused Gertrude to scream. In the meantime Junior once again found the jar of pickles and had begun to give me the death look stare. Mom now intervened and went face to face with Junior explaining the foolishness of his folly. That's when Junior slapped Mom into next week. Junior is about three years old. Mom looked at me and explained that Junior was "going through a phase". I said I understood. I really didn't. I knew what my mother and father would have done to me if I had acted like these two. They checked out and the lady behind me said " those two are seven kinds of crazy".

Proverbs 13:24 English Standard Version (ESV)
24 Whoever spares the rod hates his son,

    but he who loves him is diligent to discipline him.

Now the word crazy is a severe word to describe a toddler. But I believe these two kids were going to drive Mom crazy. The seven kind type!!!!  I have no opinion on how parents should discipline their kids. If you spank, you spank, don't over spank. If you use time outs, use them. But you can't let kids clobber you and destroy a grocery store.  Kids and adults are all supposed to behave. We are to correct our kids and grand kids.

We need to teach our children to obey and honor their parents.  It's a big job and if you have kids, well, their yours, teach them wisely.

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment