Sunday, June 16, 2019

Father's Day My View 6/16/2019

Good Morning,

I was able to share my Thermos bottle of Sunrise In Door County Coffee with two friends this morning. I don't get to do that too often. It's always a good day when you can share a cup of coffee with someone.



Proverbs 22:6 New International Version - UK (NIVUK)
Start children off on the way they should go,
    and even when they are old they will not turn from it.

Today we celebrate Father's Day and my view of the holiday goes beyond honoring dads. I would like to reach out and say that regardless of whether or not a man has a child he can and should be a father figure to those who God placed in his circle of influence. Every man has people younger than himself that he can mentor and be there for assistance in life. It could be a niece or nephew, cousins or neighbors. God knows who He placed in our circle of influence and we have talents, skills or experiences we can share. If we claim to be a God loving , God fearing man we should emulate Jesus in all we do. Others should see Jesus in us.

My Dad taught me how to shoot and started me off early in life hunting. When I made a mistake he would correct me.When I shot my first deer he was there to celebrate.  For many years my cousin lived next door to us. He spent many hours trying to teach me how to trout fish. He also was the first to throw a football with me and spend time teaching me football fundamentals. My cousin who at that time was not yet a father assumed his role as someone older than me to share his knowledge and experience. He had me prepared for my first tryout on the football field. It was successful. I posted a picture of my Dad with my cousin Mike. Dad also took Mike deer hunting. I recall Mike's first deer on a cold November day. All three of us celebrated.

Guys, God gives us the job description to be there and raise up a child in the way he or she should go. He never said that the he or she had to be your own. Don't hold back on what you can teach or experiences you can share.

God Bless,

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment