Sunday, June 2, 2019

The New Patio And A Place To Sit 6/2/2019

Good Morning,

This day greeted me with a very cool temperature at 5:30 AM and now it is full of sunshine. I am still enjoying a late cup of Door County White Christmas Coffee.

When we built our home in 1994 we added some sidewalks, driveway and a small patio about 6 months after we moved in. The patio was to be a starter and then some day we would add on to it. Well up until today that "some day" never came. Today the landscaper is putting the finishing touches on the extension that finally came after all of these years. I will share pictures tomorrow.

Ecclesiastes 5:18 New King James Version (NKJV)
18 Here is what I have seen: It is good and fitting for one to eat and drink, and to enjoy the good of all his labor in which he toils under the sun all the days of his life which God gives him; for it is his heritage.

The small patio housed a picnic table and a small accessory table. Rene and I occasionally sit out their and eat lunch or dinner. Over the years the little slab hosted a few cookouts and gives me a place to sit and write this blog. But today it expanded and I have a purpose in mind. Eventually this summer we will add a fire place where we can have a bonfire and roast a hot dog or two. I plan on sitting there a little more while watching the world pass by our property. It doesn't sound like much of a plan at all. But I must say that after all these years it is time to enjoy what God has blessed us with just a little more.



I, like the writer of Ecclesiastes have an outlook on life that says sooner or later one has to take time to just enjoy life. This is not being lazy, but admitting that I as well as many others need to enjoy life and sometimes that means just having a quiet place to sit. If you are blessed to have a window and weather permits it, open the window and air out your house. If you have a spare spot in your yard, plant something that will give you pleasure. For us, we planted spaghetti squash. Our new patio extension borders the lilacs. Next year I will be sitting right in the middle of the precious scent of the blooming lilacs. Make a plan to treat yourself to time that allows you to enjoy the blessings God gives you.

Be sure to share your blessings with others from time to time. I believe eating a roasted hot dog is always better when you are sharing the moment with someone else.

Have a great day. Start making plans to enjoy your gifts from God.

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment