Wednesday, November 23, 2016

We Need A Little Christmas 11/23/2016

Good Morning,

The sound of my Door County Highlander Grog Coffee dripping into the pot woke me up a little early today.

Yesterday Rene started transforming the house into a Christmas wonder land once more. She said that November had to move on and it was time for Christmas. Last night a good friend of ours suggested through song that we needed a little Christmas right now. I believe that both of them are correct.



I was praying for a dear brother in Christ yesterday. He was having a major shoulder surgery and I was petitioning God to help him make it through with as few issues as possible. I was so happy to hear his voice later on the phone. It sounded strong and assured. He was calling me about praying for another person. He was strapped to an ice machine, hooked to a pain pump and was worried about others. For him that is normal. For me, his normal was what I needed to hear.

For me, a Christmas present came early. My prayers were answered. I needed a little Christmas right now.

Galatians 4:4-5New International Version (NIV)

But when the set time had fully come, God sent his Son, born of a woman, born under the law, to redeem those under the law, that we might receive adoption to sonship.


God brought some peace to my heart. With Jesus as my Savior I can go directly to the Father in prayer. I looked at the Nativity set Rene had put out last night. I paused and said "Thank you Jesus for coming to save us, I can call home whenever I need to". 

Merry Christmas

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment