Monday, November 7, 2016

Forgot To Turn On The Heat 11/7/2016

Good Morning,

It's early and some Door County Red Velvet Mocha Coffee would go good right now.  One can dream.

I am still in Upper Michigan working on our father's estate. Yesterday was so warm that I turned off the heat in the little cabin that I am staying in. There is a lot on my mind and much to do. It was still warm when I went to sleep last night. I forgot to turn the heat back on. I woke up to cold feet and a very cold nose. Long under were left home too. Not too bright.



The debate of whether or not to get out of bed and go across a cold room to the thermostat and turn on the heat took place in my mind. I decided to wait awhile with the blanket pulled tightly over my head.  This did not help. Nature kicked in and the bathroom called.  I s hlould have turned the heat on. That wad a frigid experience.  But it did not need to be that way. I was just being lazy when I decided to pull the blankets tighter. Laziness had no reward and literally came back to bite me in the butt. No pun intended.

Laziness has no rewards. Proverbs 13:4 The heart of the sluggard desires and has nothing. But the heart of the diligent shall be made fat.

The little cabin is warming up very slowly.  My cold head is a tribute to my laziness.  I hope it doesn't add insult to injury by giving me a cold. But I own the laziness and have no one to blame but myself.

Good day and better tomorrow's.

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment