Sunday, November 20, 2016

Be There Like A Robe Hanger 11/20/2016

Good Morning,

My Thermos is filled with Door County Candy Cane Coffee and I think I am going to need it to stay warm.



Yesterday while sitting in my den watching the snow fall I was encouraged to think about turning sixty years old in a couple months. It has been a tough month on me and our family. The unexpected loss of a loved one, some crazy health issues and of just life in general has been a struggle.

While stepping out of the shower last night I noticed a robe hanger that I made from old wood trim and old discarded shower parts. It is mounted on the wall right where you can grab a robe or a towel. It is mounted securely and never moves. I am in and out of that bathroom occasionally but shower in that one infrequently. But no matter what, every time I need it that hanger it is there.

I said this past month has kind of dumped on me and it is true. But as I reflect on it, at every turn God has not left my side. Just like the robe hanger that doesn't move. He is there to help. In all truth He has sent assistant robe hangers to be there too. My wife has been there for each step and will need to be strong as we go. My daughter, aunt, siblings, grandkids, nieces, nephews, cousins, pastors, friends and coworkers have been at each turn, like the robe hanger that says here I am, hang here for awhile I can help.

I set a goal this week to be there for others for as long as the Lord gives me days on this Earth. I never knew that just the little things like pulling you on the side and asking you how you are doing and listening would mean so much. So that is my goal now and as I turn sixty to be there and be counted on.

Galatians 6:7-10New International Version (NIV)
Do not be deceived: God cannot be mocked. A man reaps what he sows. Whoever sows to please their flesh, from the flesh will reap destruction; whoever sows to please the Spirit, from the Spirit will reap eternal life. Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up. 10 Therefore, as we have opportunity, let us do good to all people, especially to those who belong to the family of believers

How about you? Can you be a robe hanger for others? Will you let God use you?

Have a blessed day!

Marty

2 comments:

  1. This world starves for people like that. I commend you for your position of availability. May God bless you richly for it & may He get the glory!! Keep up the good fight (well past 60) 😉

    ReplyDelete