Thursday, November 10, 2016

Soup With A Nephew. Simple Is Better 11/10/2016

Good Morning,

The sound of Door County Frosted Cinnamon Buns Coffee has started and soon the aroma will fill the room.

Last night we found ourselves in need of help moving some furniture to the garage to make way for a couple new items. We also had a dresser from my Dad's estate that needed to get to a relative. I called our nephew Nick and explained the situation. He said he would be over to our house right after work to help us out. I am a little under the weather from battling a kidney stone the night before. I am just not 100% yet. While speaking with Nick I asked if he would have time to sit down and eat a some hot chicken soup that I had made. He replied yes and that would be fine.



The furniture got moved and the soup was hot. The three of us sat down to one of the simplest dinners one could have. The crackers came out and conversation was had around the table. Nothing too deep was discussed and our chatting was as simple as the soup. But it was nice to take time and slurp some soup. All three of us lost ourselves for a little while and the outside world and it's issues had to stay outside. I can't tell you how nice it was. You had to be there.

Genesis 1:30English Standard Version (ESV)
30 And to every beast of the earth and to every bird of the heavens and to everything that creeps on the earth, everything that has the breath of life, I have given every green plant for food.” And it was so.

I have said this before. It doesn't take much to enjoy the company of family. And for me, warm soup seems good for a cold heart that has battled the world all day and for us, all week. We prayed at dinner for each other and for God to bless our food. I know He did. We finished dinner content and we even laughed a little. The soup was simple, we kept everything light, thanked God  for our bounty and to me it was better than a five star restaurant. You see the soup was seasoned with love and God provided all the ingredients. Now that has to be a winner every time!

All I can say is this. I can write about it, you can read it, but you have to do it to experience it.

Love
Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment