Tuesday, November 15, 2016

Super Moon A Portrait From God 11/15/2016

Good Morning,

I am hoping to that my Door County Raspberry Butter Crunch Coffee will be done dripping into the pot very soon. It is very tempting to replace the pot with my mug and fill it sooner. But last time I did that I had a huge mess. I better wait.


Over the last few nights we have been treated to a "Super Moon". This type of display is not expected to be seen again for many, many, many years. I borrowed this photo from my friend Sheila Semrou. She takes a lot of pictures along the shoreline of Lake Michigan. This is one of my favorites. Water, waterfowl, and moonlight, all add up to a masterpiece painted by the Master.

I would imagine that many of you who are reading this have witnessed this moon over the last few nights. Our God is an awesome God. He alone hung the moon, made the geese and filled the lakes. He combined all of this and in any instant of a second you viewed a whole different scene than the one my friend took a picture of. You were somewhere else at the time Shelia took the photo. But yet God knew where you were standing or sitting, He painted a masterpiece in the ceiling of His chapel just for you. Mine was also different. I did not see the masterpiece until morning. Yet Our God who does not sleep, continued to paint for me to see it's beauty in the morning sky. The morning is my favorite time of day. God knows that.

There is so much that God does for us each and every day. But for Him to show us his handiwork, and no two views were the same is so awesome I could scream. You see only you were standing or sitting in that exact spot. Each view around the world was at a different angle. Yet it was amazing to all of us. To say "what a beautiful moon" is a true injustice. Only God can paint a canvas that has the same subject, yet make it different for the whole world.

Psalm 8:3-5New International Version (NIV)
When I consider your heavens,
    the work of your fingers,
the moon and the stars,
    which you have set in place,
what is mankind that you are mindful of them,
    human beings that you care for them?
You have made them a little lower than the angels
    and crowned them with glory and honor.

Walking away from this should make you feel loved and important. God sent you a picture from heaven. Just for you.

Have a great day!

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment