Thursday, November 17, 2016

Prayer For The Deer Hunters 11/17/2016

Good Morning,

My Door County Bourbon Pecan Pie Coffee will have to wait until later. I am in a rush today and just have time to write. The caffeine will have to be on hold!



On Friday in Wisconsin the highways were jammed with thousands of hunters traveling to their spot in the woods in pursuit of the elusive whitetail deer. The deer hunting season started on Saturday. I used to deer hunt, but have found that my passion for dogs, ducks and water outweighs my taste for venison.

Philippians 4:6-8New King James Version (NKJV)
Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.
Finally, brethren, whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy—meditate on these things.

I enjoyed many deer hunts with friends and family. I think it was the shenanigans after a day in the woods, or falling asleep on my parents living room floor, feeling toasty warm that I enjoyed the most. A lot of high powered weaponry will be out there this week. My hope is that this will be a safe hunting season with no gun deaths, automobile accidents or anyone falling out of their tree stands.

But one has to do more than just hope for their safety. One needs to pray. I also challenge the hunters. You have a lot of quiet time out there. What better time could you find to spend some hours in prayer while you sit? Pray for the other hunters, your families, your enemies, and yourself.

Here is my prayer for you.

May the Lord God make you an honorable hunter who respects fellow hunters, the animals, and all creation;
May He keep safe you and all who share the field or the forest;
May He make all hunters proud of their kill, generous with their meat, and thankful in all circumstances.
May God bless you: Marty

Hey while you are out there scare some ducks my way and most of all be safe, and enjoy!

Marty

2 comments:

  1. Quiet time spent in the woods is an awesome time spent with God.

    ReplyDelete