Saturday, November 12, 2016

Corn Cups And Sunday Breakfasts 11/12/16

Good Morning,

My insulated bottle is filled with Door County Autumn Harvest Coffee and there are a couple granola bars in my hunting pack. Off I go with Gibbs and hope for bagging a duck or two. I expect to hunting alone today. That might be a good thing for me. I need an easy hunt and I also need to unscramble my mind.



When Rene isn't working on a weekend I always make a bigger breakfast for the two of us on Sunday morning. We have a small collection of what we call "corn dishes" in our pie safe. We usually use them for those Sunday breakfasts. Rene loves French Toast or pancakes. We fill my cup with coffee and hers with milk. We seem to enjoy eating the breakfasts off of these plates.

One thing though, these dishes never see the dishwasher. They are always hand washed, hand dried, and put away safely as soon as possible. They were hard to come by and are treated with tender loving care.

I would like to take this time to remind us that kids are like dishes. They break easily and weren't meant for abuse. They need to be washed, dried and tucked into bed. They need to know that they are hard to come by and are a cherished gift. Kids are fragile and it doesn't take much to leave an emotional scratch. It doesn't take much to ruin a mind. We are to teach them to love, honor and respect. We are to set the example for them  Kids imitate what they see. I have attached what I believe is the Biblical job description for parents.

Deuteronomy 6:1-9New International Version (NIV)

Love the Lord Your God

These are the commands, decrees and laws the Lord your God directed me to teach you to observe in the land that you are crossing the Jordan to possess, so that you, your children and their children after them may fear the Lord your God as long as you live by keeping all his decrees and commands that I give you, and so that you may enjoy long life. Hear, Israel, and be careful to obey so that it may go well with you and that you may increase greatly in a land flowing with milk and honey, just as the Lord, the God of your ancestors, promised you.
Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God, the Lord is one. Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength. These commandments that I give you today are to be on your hearts. Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up. Tie them as symbols on your hands and bind them on your foreheads. Write them on the doorframes of your houses and on your gates.

The Bible gives us the outline to teach our kids. We need make sure that they see the outline living in us. When we practice the Biblical principals of love and teach the kids those principals we are loving as parents should. The Bible tenerdizes our hearts and we in turn are the loving, supportive parents we should be. We treat our children accordingly with love, tendernes and grace.

So go ahead treat the kids to a loving parent today. Read your Bible.

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment