Wednesday, November 2, 2016

A Hallmark Moment 11/2/2016

Good Morning,

I am brewing up some Door County Maple Coffee to start the day. It might be a long one. I have most of my day done already and it is still very early.

John 6:38New International Version (NIV)
38 For I have come down from heaven not to do my will but to do the will of him who sent me.

There is a television channel that we receive into our home. I guess from a manly man's point of view the Hallmark Channel might seem like a chick channel. They just started their Christmas movies that will run up until Christmas. My dear wife likes to listen to the Christmas movies while she does chores around the house. I have found her asleep in the chair, her Bible laid in her lap with a Christmas movie playing on the television.

Now I must admit that all the movies are pretty wholesome and pretty much have happy endings. I see no problem in her watching them. I did ask her what she finds so appealing about these movies.
Her response did not surprise me. "I love Christmas" came out loud and clear.



I started to think about how happy she is wrapping presents, decorating the house, organizing Christmas Caroling, sending cards, and placing all the ornaments on the tree. The first thing she sets up is the Nativity set. When she is done arranging the placement of Jesus and the shepherds she stands back with her arms folded and smiles. This all came back to me after her answer. I can see that big smile as I write. I guess, all said and done, we have our own Hallmark moments each December.

To me, it seems a bit early to be talking about Christmas, but in our home it gets discussed more than in December. We both are in awe that our Savior Jesus Christ would leave Heaven and come to Earth to save a lost world and two sinners like us. When you look at it that way, Christmas should be celebrated every day.

Merry November,

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment