Friday, May 27, 2016

When Life Doesn't Make Sense 5/27/2016

Good Morning,

What could be better than Friday in my headlights and a three day weekend ahead? Mix in a cup of Door County Cherry Crème Coffee and it's a winner.



Sometimes we struggle to understand the events of our lives. When life is difficult, how can we make sense of what doesn’t seem to make sense? I have attached several Bible verses to help when life just doesn't make sense.

When life doesn’t make sense, we go to the One who knows all and sees all.
When we don’t understand, we trust in the One who understands. The Only One who understands. He is our light in the storm.

God is God, nothing changed.
Psalm 46:10, ESV Be still, and know that I am God. I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth!

God Knows. God Understands.
It may not make sense to us, but it makes sense to God. There are some things that we just don’t have the capacity to fully understand right now.

Isaiah 55:8-9, ESV For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, declares the LORD. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts.

John 11:35, KJV Jesus wept.
#3 God loves you very deeply – His love for us is profound, incomprehensible, unfathomable and everlasting

Jeremiah 31:3, NIV …I have loved you with an everlasting love; I have drawn you with unfailing kindness.

John 3:16, ESV For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.

God has not forgotten you – Don’t give up on God
We may feel heart broken. We may remember and cry. We may feel sad and alone, and our grief might threaten to overwhelm us. We may even be tempted to think God has forgotten us. But nothing could be a bigger lie.  God has not forgotten about you! God loves you and cares so very much about you! Don’t give up.

Psalm 42:3-11 “Day and night I cry, and tears are my only food… My heart breaks when I remember the past… Why am I so sad? Why am I so troubled? I will put my hope in God, and once again I will praise him, my savior and my God… my heart is breaking, and so I turn my thoughts to him. He has sent waves of sorrow over my soul; chaos roars at me like a flood… May the LORD show his constant love during the day, so that I may have a song at night, a prayer to the God of my life. To God, my defender, I say, “Why have you forgotten me?… Why am I so sad? Why am I so troubled? I will put my hope in God, and once again I will praise him, my savior and my God.” (Good News Translation)

Isaiah 49:15-16a, NLT …Can a mother forget her nursing child? Can she feel no love for the child she has borne? But even if that were possible, I would not forget you! See, I have written your name on the palms of my hands.
God is our strength. He is strong when we are weak.

Deuteronomy 33:27a, NLT The eternal God is your refuge, and his everlasting arms are under you.

Psalm 9:9, NIV The LORD is a refuge for the oppressed, a stronghold in times of trouble.

Reach out to God for Comfort, Hope,  and Reassurance. He will not leave us alone

Psalm 94:19 NLT When doubts filled my mind, your comfort gave me renewed hope and cheer.

Psalm 147:3, NIV He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds.

John 14:18 KJV I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you.

God Cares! God is here to help us
1 Peter 5:7, NLT Give all your worries and cares to God, for he cares about you.

Isaiah 41:10, NIV So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.

Isaiah 41:13, ESV For I, the LORD your God, hold your right hand; it is I who say to you, “Fear not, I am the one who helps you.”
 
Trusting God even when it doesn't make sense.
Proverbs 3:5-6, ESV Trust in the LORD with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths.
It might not make sense now, but it will.

John 13:7, NIV Jesus replied, “You do not realize now what I am doing, but later you will understand.”

1 Corinthians 13:12, NLT Now we see things imperfectly as in a cloudy mirror, but then we will see everything with perfect clarity. All that I know now is partial and incomplete, but then I will know everything completely, just as God now knows me completely.


I hope that today finds you not needing this at all. But if you do, hang in there.

God bless,

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment