Friday, May 20, 2016

Real Men Have Hay Fever Attacks 5/20/2016

Good Morning,

We are jumping for joy today. I was able to finish the plumbing for the kitchen remodel despite some difficulties. The first time in a month that the kitchen sink worked so I could fill the coffee pot without going to the laundry tubs. So this cup of Door County Cinnamon Sugar Biscotti Coffee is not only tasting good, it is part of a celebration. Kitchen project 50% complete. On to the electrical!

1 Thessalonians 5:18King James Version (KJV)
18 In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.

Last evening when I came home from work Rene met me in the driveway with our dog Gibbs. It is always funny to watch them interact with each other. They both think they are in charge of the other.
I stepped out of the truck and she told me that there was a fruit basket that had been delivered for me. I asked who it was from and she said she did not read the card. She did not want to ruin the surprise. I think she peeked, because she was to anxious for me to read the card.



It was from a dear group of people who felt they needed to thank me for doing my job. What they don't know is that because of them I look forward to going to work. It is a beautiful basket full of fruit and other goodies. I was looking at it and I had short attack of hay fever. It hit my eyes and soon after my nose was running. I needed to get outside away from the basket. Rene followed me out. "Hay fever Hon? she asked. I nodded yes. She said "I know".

You see friends, despite the theory that people have these days that it's ok to for a man to shed a tear I believe that real men do not cry. They do however occasionally have a hay fever attack that could be mistaken for real tears. Rene understands real men and just leaves them alone until they feel better.

As I was munching on a piece of fruit later and planning my coffee for the day, I looked up toward heaven and acknowledged each of them with prayer and thanked the Good Lord for giving me a great bunch of people to work with.

Take time to be thankful for those God has put in your path of life. I know one of them is leaving us soon and I just might have a hay fever attack that day. What they don't know is that a few years ago I prayed to be on an A team, they were an answer to prayer. I wanted to be of off of the road I in  place that would be a work home. I didn't expect to be blessed with a work family. God is good.
Have a wonderful day. Say thanks to those God has given you to be with today.

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment