Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Political Correctness 5/10/2016

Good Morning,

Maybe my Door County Cherry Creme Coffee will wake me up and get me going today.  I think going to bed a little earlier would help.



Yesterday I spoke about the subject of good manners. Some of the feedback I received was not too positive.  I was surprised to hear that some prefer not to have doors held open for them.  Nor do some expect their children to say thank you to strangers.

I take those comments and listen. But when it comes to acts of politeness and kindness I will always error on the side of both.

When being kind or respectful I have never felt bad for doing either one. Avoiding being kind and polite is wrong. Not being kind or polite means we are either being mean or complacent.

James 4:17 Therefore to those who know to do right and do not do it, to them it is a sin.

Seriously, many social ways of showing respect have disappeared like saying sir or mam. If being politically correct means I have to not show respect or kindness, then call me politically incorrect.

Merry Christmas!!!!!

Marty


3 comments:

  1. Agree completely Marty, and as a father of a large family of young children we are definitely teaching all of them, please, thank you, sir , and ma'am where appropriate.

    ReplyDelete