Thursday, May 26, 2016

A Birthday Gift For Me 5/26/2016

Good Morning,

 That cup of Door County Frosted Cinnamon Buns Coffee will be brewed any second now and it will be my companion on my ride to work. To work and beyond! Chicken on the grill tonight after a day earning a living sounds pretty good to me.




Yesterday we celebrated Rene's birthday. We treated ourselves to a dish of Custard at a place called Georgie Porgies. I rate it a ten!

I was able to find just the right birthday card for her and a nice gift of earrings which I mentioned yesterday. Rene is always gracious and she thanked me several times for the evening, the card and the gift. It was my pleasure to see her smile!

What I need to do now is write a thank you note to God. We celebrated her birth but yet the day she was created God knew who she would eventually marry. On the day Rene was born God prepared for me a gift that lasts a lifetime and for us eternity. I wasn't there that day and we did not meet for a long time. But that gift was waiting for me. Rene received some earrings, I received her. Her birthday was God's gift to me.

Psalm 139:13New International Version (NIV)
13 For you created my inmost being;
    you knit me together in my mother’s womb.

So when you look across the table at someone you love tonight, tell them this. "You know you are God's gift to me."

Love to all.

Marty

2 comments:

  1. Marty, you and Rene are gifts as well, to all who know you. Love you both.

    ReplyDelete