Saturday, May 28, 2016

Music Until Dawn 5/28/2016

Good Morning,

This day finds me a little tired. For some unknown reason I haven't been sleeping very well. I am really enjoying a big cup of Door County Caramel Pecan Scones Coffee as a write to you. I wish you were here to share this carafe with me.  The thought of us doing that makes me smile. Some of you that read this I haven't met. It would be nice to meet. For others it would be a great reunion. Each day no matter who you are, you are part of my heart and life. God bless you.

It is so quiet and peaceful here today. There is a  heavy breeze and a little drizzle in the air. I decided to stay indoors and write from my desk. In the den where my desk is located I am surrounded by books, pictures, animals that visited the taxidermist, plaques and my guns. It's like my own personal museum. On top of one book case sits a small stereo system. This morning I have the radio portion tuned into my favorite Gospel station. This station, VCY America is a conservative broadcasting company.



VCY has this one program that I love to listen to. When I am up early sitting in the den, or on my way to a duck hunt I turn to that station and listen to "Music Till Dawn". The music is all classic Gospel hymns and tend to be soft and sweet. I do this seven days a week at home or in my truck.  The music always exalts God and is soothing to my heart, soul, and mind.

God created us to be instruments with the ability to sing and make music. Music is an important part of worship and praise to God, so it only seems fitting that bible verses about music can be found throughout scripture.

 

Job 35:10         
"But no one says, 'Where is God my Maker, Who gives songs in the night,

Psalm 33:2          Give thanks to the LORD with the lyre; Sing praises to Him with a harp of ten strings.

Judges 5:3                  "Hear, O kings; give ear, O rulers! I--to the LORD, I will sing, I will sing praise to the LORD, the God of Israel.

Psalm 98:4
Shout joyfully to the LORD, all the earth; Break forth and sing for joy and sing praises.
 

I recommend combining soft music that exalts Jesus with your study time. It's good for the heart.

Have a great day. May your heart sing a new melody!

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment