Wednesday, May 25, 2016

It's A Small World After All 5/25/2016

Good Morning,

Nothing like waking up to the sound of Door County Peanut Butter Crunch Coffee brewing in the kitchen. It should be done in a couple minutes. I just know there will be a stop for some frozen custard tonight.



Yesterday I had a lot on my mind, as well as today. As I was preparing to leave work and go home a friend of mine asked me what I was doing after work. Today is Rene's birthday and I wanted to pick up a little something to give to her today. My fall back plan is always to stop at a jewelry store and bring home a small bobble that says I love you. I am a creature of habit and am loyal to good service. I struggled with going yesterday and thought that I would wait a day and stop this afternoon and shop. Something drew me to go yesterday in a big way. I went to my favorite jewelry emporium and started to browse. A young lady asked if she could help me. I thanked her and said, "if I see something I like I will let you know." She stuck around and when I wanted to see a particular set of earrings she helped me most graciously. I forgot to take off my work ID badge and during my purchase her co-worker noticed where I work and made small talk about the organization I work for. Soon we found out that we both go to the same clinic, and we have a mutual friend. This co-worker asked me how I knew her friend and I replied that I knew her and her husband from church. She asked me about my church and I told her about it and what I do. I gave her the web site address for this blog. As the original lady was finishing the sale she asked me "were you talking about church?" I told her we were. In a short time she let me know that she was going through a personal rough time. I listened and promised that I would pray for her and the situation.  I knew then why God pulled me to go there yesterday. As I write this I am praying for her as I promised and will continue.

Only God knew where I was going. He knew the best time and the correct day. The directions came from heaven, God let me know that the world is very small and He connects the dots. He used my employer, my friend, Rene's birthday, our church and a co-worker to send a smile and a promise of prayer that was kept and will be kept.

John 3:16
“For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life

When I read John 3:16 I see that god so loved the world. To me the world is a big place, but yesterday God "smalled" it up for me and let me know that where I am is the part of the world He wants me to be.

Life is an adventure. Are you on one? I am never bored.

God bless,

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment