Saturday, May 14, 2016

Don't Leave Me Behind. 5/14/2016

Good Morning,

Saturday is here. Just love those Saturdays! Today began with a big cup of Cinnamon Sugar Biscotti Coffee from the Door County Coffee Company. Sleep is over rated on Saturday. Have to get going. Lots to do.

Our Springer Spaniel Gibbs watches our every move. If it appears that we are leaving to go outside or somewhere else he eagerly waits to hear  "Gibbs let's go". He doesn't hesitate and his tail wags as he waits for the door to open.



Then there are the mornings when I we have to leave for work and Gibbs cannot go along. As we leave, I can see him sitting, looking out of a side window on our front door. His sad eyes are obviously saying "don't leave me behind". He sleeps by that window and watches for us to return. When he anticipates our return and I am pulling into the driveway his face is glued to the window.

When we leave him behind and  I see those sad eyes it does bother me. Now we are talking about our family pet. Some day there might be friends and family we leave behind because we never told them about the love of Jesus and His plan of salvation for a lost world.  Jesus is coming back and those who have not received Him as Lord and Savior will be left behind..

John 14:1-4  Let not your heart be troubled; you believe in God believe also in Me. 
In my Father's house are many mansions;  if it were not so, I would have told you.  I go to prepare a place for you. 
And if I go to prepare a place for you,  I will come again and receive you to Myself;  that where I am you may be also. 

One of the happiest days of our lives could also be a sad day. Can you imagine others looking at you as you go to heaven for eternity and they cannot,because you didn't help them find Jesus and His love?

Watch your dog now. It is a perfect example of how it might look on that final day.

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment