Monday, May 16, 2016

Look Beyond The Beauty, See The Heart 5/16/2016

Good Morning,

It's time to rise and shine and get started with the week. The day has begun with prayer and some Door County Blueberry Cobbler Coffee. The last two days have been very busy to say the least. I went to bed tired last night!



I have posted a picture I took from beneath one of our flowering crab trees yesterday. My view was spectacular, no doubt. But my view of what was beyond was blocked by the beauty that smothered what I could see up and outward. You could say I was blinded by the beauty of the blossoms. I could barely see the sun and the clouds let alone the birds nest that nestled on the other side of the tree near the top.

1 Samuel 16:7English Standard Version (ESV)
But the Lord said to Samuel, “Do not look on his appearance or on the height of his stature, because I have rejected him. For the Lord sees not as man sees: man looks on the outward appearance, but the Lord looks on the heart.”

I am afraid that we often are blinded by beauty, flashy smiles or outgoing personalities when we choose our friends, or business associates. We should be looking beyond what we see and measure the heart of a man or woman. I once was a member of a church where a young man asked the music director if he could sing a solo in church. The boy was born with Downs Syndrome. I listened for a response from the music director. Sadly he replied that the calendar was filled and that he would get back to this kid. I knew that was a lie and that he was hoping that the boy would forget. He did not see the heart of this boy that loved Jesus so much He wanted to sing. What he based his decision on was the possibility that the song would be off key and poorly performed. It wasn't too long before God moved this director to a new job where his ego could be boosted larger than it already was.  Needles to say his new job did not last long and the best he could do later was to hold several low paying jobs just to pay his bills. He was more concerned with the performance than the heart of the boy.

Don't be blinded by strength and beauty. Check for a heart beat. This director had one of the best tenor voices I have ever heard. He was awesome to listen to. But I soon lost my appetite for his ego. Last I heard, he isn't even singing anymore.

God bless,

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment