Thursday, May 19, 2016

The Savory Smell Of Summer 5/19/2016

Good Morning,

Let's start this day with a kind thought on our minds and sweet words on our lips. The old cup is filled with Door County Peanut Butter Crunch Coffee. My shoes were filled with a dog bone that Gibbs dropped inside. I will remember to put those shoes away tonight for sure.



Oh man! Yesterday sure was beautiful in these parts. I could tell from the warmth of the sun on my head and the need for sun glasses. The third hint that it was a beautiful day was the aroma in the air. When I arrived home and stepped out of the truck the sweet aroma of grilled foods was billowing through the air, waking up my sense of smell. The wake up call to my nose caused a wake up call to my stomach which really never sleeps anyway. The smell of barbecued beef was overwhelming my ability to focus on reading the mail. My nose kept taking me to the vault in my mind loaded with recipes and what I would cook for dinner. I decided to start smoking some pork for today.

Rene and I have a goal for the summer which includes opening our home to a few back yard barbecues with friends and family. Summer is short in our area of the world and one has to make the best of it. I assessed the yard and no doubt it still needs some work. We have to finish the remodeling of the kitchen. It will all get done. But despite the work not being finished we are going to take time to enjoy these warm sunny days before they are gone. There will only be one summer of 2016. Once it is gone, it is gone forever.


Proverbs 17:22New King James Version (NKJV)
22 A merry heart does good, like medicine,
But a broken spirit dries the bones.
Take some time to enjoy the sunshine and pass on your merry heart to others. To know you is to love you.
God bless,
Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment