Sunday, May 22, 2016

Sweet Peach Tea And The Fruit Of My Labors

Good Morning,

I wish you were here with me today. I have Door County Frosted Cinnamon Buns Coffee to share. We would be munching on delicious apple slices covered with pure maple peanut butter and passing the bowl of Mandarin oranges around. I can hear the doves cooing from the apple tree and an occasional goose flies over honking away just to drive the dog crazy. Once again life is good from the picnic table.

1 Corinthians 13:4-8New International Version (NIV)
Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.
Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away.

This time of year finds us all in or yards fixing them up from the damage of winter. It seems as if I just get it finished and then it's time to put the yard away for a long winter's nap. I am one who loves the fall and my wife is a summer gal. My goal is to have this place done so she can enjoy it before the leaves fall.

Galatians 6:7New International Version (NIV)
Do not be deceived: God cannot be mocked. A man reaps what he sows.

Yesterday I started the first of many flower beds that Rene loves to see. She would be the first to admit it. Whatever plants are planted, what she completes in two hours, I have done in 30 minutes. I believe she doddles just to see me get frustrated with her productivity and take over. LOL



What makes me smile is when she comes home from work and surveys the yard and she sees freshly mown green grass and a few more flowers set in their place, is that big grin and the hug I receive. Out on one of the flower beds this morning sits a pot of sweet peach sun tea waiting for the sun to come up and brew the mixture. Later tonight I will hear ice cubes being dropped into a glass and that familiar voice calling from the kitchen. "want some of that sweet tea Babe"? I will drink some of the fruits of my labor  from this same picnic table. In this house, what goes around comes around.

Make someone else smile today. Just because you can.

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment