Monday, December 22, 2014

Unfrozen In Review 12/22/2014

Good Morning,

Monday here we come. Christmas is almost here. I finished the final Christmas shopping last night and was quite pleased with my choices of stocking stuffers for Rene this year. I watched her wrap presents late into the night sitting next to the tree with all of her decorations illuminating the room. She enjoys being surrounded by her Christmas keep sakes. My coffee this morning is Door County Candy Cane.



Yesterday I wrote that we would be attending church and our Children's Christmas program was going to be presented. The church was filled with many parish members, friends, relatives and visitors. I left with a warm feeling and very much pleased with our Children's Ministry.

I thought I would take a shot at giving the program a review like they would receive from a theater critic. But, I will write this in "Marty Style"

Faith Bible Church presented  "Unfrozen" a parody from the Disney movie "Frozen". Although I have never seen the movie Frozen it was easy for me to pick up on the parody and enjoy the music adaptations.

The character review goes like this. All members of the cast were well rehearsed and definitely enjoyed there acting debut. It seems as if talking about Jesus is quite easy for them to do. One special mention goes out to the young man who played the prince. He definitely has a future in show business. The snowman can be recommended now for Coke commercials.

Rating the props I find myself struggling with what awards to give. The recycling of material used for who knows what in it's past life was simply amazing. The costumes were top notch and deserve an Oscar. Only one wardrobe malfunction was noted. This was the angel who's wings or his bandanna looked like big floppy ears. The young man overcame this look with extra cuteness which should get him nominated for best angel in a supporting role.

I give the directors "The Best Achievement Award" for organizing a great show using child actors. The actors can be difficult  to work with as they can be quite demanding wanting to nap, eat constantly and attend school. Next the will unionize!.

The Best Actor Award goes to Jesus who actually wasn't in the play.  Just the mention of His name brought the crowd to attention. Jesus was present in the audience, but was unavailable for autographs. He unselfishly gave all the accolades to the cast and crew for all their hard work honoring Him. The cast and crew gave their all to worship their Savior.

Philippians 2:10-11New King James Version (NKJV)
10 that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of those in heaven, and of those on earth, and of those under the earth, 11 and that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

I will not quit my day job and start reviewing movies and theater productions. As a matter of fact I can tell you with all honesty that this will be my last one for the year.

Have a great day!!!

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment