Monday, December 15, 2014

In The Right Place At The Right Time 12/15/14

Good Morning,

I am off from work today and can enjoy my coffee slowly. My goal is to really do nothing and to be better at it by 3:00 PM. The coffee that is brewing is Door County White Christmas.

Hebrews 13:2King James Version (KJV)
Be not forgetful to entertain strangers: for thereby some have entertained angels unawares.

Yesterday was a day that tired me out. For most of the day I was frustrated beyond belief and it was pretty much impossible for me to focus and see things clearly.

Let me explain. My wife, my mother in law and I were to meet family members at a chain type restaurant for lunch. I typed what I thought was the correct city with the name of the eatery into our GPS. Off we went! I expected the trip to be about 100 miles from where we started so when the GPS unit (Global Positioning System or electronic irritation) said 127 miles it seemed OK to me.

Something told me that this was the wrong direction all the way to the restaurant. We arrived in the city, at the restaurant just to figure out that we were three hours away from our family. We were in the wrong city! So hopes of seeing everyone vanished. I am glad that my Dr. was not there to check my blood pressure. I was very disappointed and angry.

So to make the best of the day we decided to let the two ladies shop and browse in the many attractions within the community we landed in. Much to my surprise and more irritation there was not a parking space to be found within a half of a mile. That was too far for Grandma to walk. I dropped them off and agreed on a pick up time. I parked and prayed so I could lose my lousy attitude and ask God to show me why I am an electronic idiot. While sitting there in the car listening to Christmas music I spied two antique shops. Since my wife loves to antique shop, I knew that this might redeem my inadequacy with electronics and restore some of my ego. I picked the two of them up at the arranged time. I proudly took them to the antique shops. So far I had been in the wrong place at the wrong time all day.

As we were leaving the antique shop we heard an elderly man say that the tire on his truck was flat and that he was too weak from his fight with cancer to change it. The Mrs. looked at me and if anything at all I have a strong back and have changed plenty of tires. I was now in the right place at the right time. I assisted Frank and changed his tire. When we were finished Frank thanked me and wanted to pay me. Of course this was not going to happen. I finally knew why I was where I was.

Frank and I had a Christmas moment that both he and I will not forget for eternity. 

So full of grease and dirt we drove home. I was content that the GPS that was used was God's Positioning System.


Have a Christmas Type Moment Today.

Marty

2 comments:

  1. Thank you Marty for sharing the whole truth of you challenging "GPS". Our Soverign God can use our errors to help others according to His will and His way.
    Rom. 8:28 And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose.

    ReplyDelete