Saturday, December 6, 2014

God Answers 12/6/2014

Good Morning,

My morning is going a little slower than usual. This is the type of morning I can really enjoy. I am not in a hurry to rush out the door. My day will be busy with preparations for our Annual Christmas Caroling event but I am allowing myself to enjoy the fire place for a little bit as it takes the cold out of the house. My coffee does not need to travel in a car today. I can just take in the morning. My cup is filled with Door County Cherry Crème Coffee and I am enjoying it slowly. All is quiet as the dog nestles up to the fire and I write.

Proverbs 3:5-6New King James Version (NKJV)
Trust in the Lord with all your heart,
And lean not on your own understanding;
In all your ways acknowledge Him,
And He shall direct your paths.

I ask God to direct my paths and guide me. And at times I would swear He is not listening to me. It has taken me some years of maturing to understand that He always answers. It just isn't always the answer I want or in the time frame I want it in. I used to think that God was "thinking about it" and will get back to me. Now really? Does God have to think about what is best for me and what He wants for me? No. Sometimes His answer is no. Sometimes His answer is wait. But He always answers.

The risk we run is going ahead of Him or outside of His will. Proverbs 3:5-6 clearly instructs us to trust in God alone and not to trust our own knowledge. In that we are assured that He is directing us and guiding us.

Waiting and trusting is a hard thing to do. But I wait and trust in many things each day. I put money into the bank and trust that they will open and have my money when I need it. Banks have failed. But God has never failed me. We just need to wait and trust. God will never fail you. The only one in the wait and trust scenario that will fail you is you.

Well it is time to move on to another log on the fire and a second cup of coffee, and then some major soup making.
God bless you today and always.

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment