Sunday, December 7, 2014

Crab Shack 12/7/2014

Good Morning,

I pray that your Sunday is filled with worship and praise for God Our Father In Heaven. Don't be late for church. You might miss something that could change your day. My coffee this morning that smells so good is Door County White Christmas. The aroma is so good I swear it can transmit right through the computer to you.

Rene and I have family in Florida. One of the things we like to treat ourselves to while visiting is to go to the local eatery called The Crab Shack. Of course their specialty is seafood. One thing I notice though is that even because the name on the sign says "Crab Shack" not every customer eats crab. I see people eating lobster, shrimp, scallops, fish, and even "heaven forbid" beef at the crab shack. I for one do not even eat a little bit of crab. I really don't care for it at all. But give me a plate of shrimp and scallops and I am very happy.

1 Corinthians 13:5New King James Version (NKJV)
does not behave rudely, does not seek its own, is not provoked, thinks no evil;

The same thing goes for cranky, crabby people. Every now and then you can handle a little dose of crabbiness or a case of cranky from people. But after awhile you lose your taste for getting your butt chewed on by that person and well, you tend to avoid them and eventually they are left alone to crab at people captive (usually family) in their life. Love is not crabby!

Now we are to love all people. But those with terminal crabbiness tend to get loved as needed or from a distance. It seems then that their crabbiness gets worse.

Now even crabby cranks tend to give Christmas presents. Here's an idea for this year. Why not give those around you the gift of peace. Take a box, pray over it and wrap it like a gift, Ask God to help you to get rid of your rude behavior. Place it under the tree as a reminder that you have given up being Mr. or Mrs. McCrabby. But on the gift tag write the following verse.


Philippians 4:13New King James Version (NKJV)
13 I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
 

You might find that the life you save is yours. You can be a new person. I am sure you have a lot to offer. But the sin of not loving others the way you should has crept in and gotten a foothold in your heart.

We tend to justify being a crank in several ways. "That's the way I am, You'd be cranky if you had my life, or I don't care what people think of me." Scripturally that way of thinking is foolishness.

I have also noticed that there are several different ways to prepare crab. But for me whatever you do to it, crab is always crab.

Proverbs 16:25


25 There is a way that seems right to a man and appears straight before him, but at the end of it is the way of death.

Crab meat makes a pretty good dip, I have been told. But is that what you want to be called? Here comes the crab?


Have a great day and let's all take the crabbiness out of Christmas.

God bless,

Marty
 






No comments:

Post a Comment