Sunday, December 21, 2014

Kids And Christmas 12/21/2014

Good Morning,

Well we just returned home from a week long vacation in Florida. Wisconsin is cold and damp and our area is without snow. The weather forecast predicts some snow will fall for Christmas Eve. That would make it very special for me. I am drinking some Red Velvet Cupcake Coffee this morning. It was given to me by my family as a Christmas present. It does satisfy a sweet tooth like mine and stirs my memories of a great time.

Matthew 19:14New King James Version (NKJV)
14 But Jesus said, “Let the little children come to Me, and do not forbid them; for of such is the kingdom of heaven.”



Although I am bummed about leaving family behind in Florida I am also excited to be home in time for our church's Christmas program. I have heard a lot of good things about it and I always enjoy the little children singing and acting for our Lord. It takes a lot of work to put a program like this together. I can only imagine that getting little kids to do anything on cue has to be like herding cats. It could make a bald man grow hair again.

Costumes, props, practices, lighting, flu bugs and colds all have to come together. All that hard work by a few adults and teens doesn't go unnoticed in heaven. It also shouldn't go unnoticed here on Earth. The time those hard workers spend with the kids has a huge impact on each and every child. The production is not the most important thing. The time spent teaching the kids to worship and praise through drama and song can have an impact on eternity for the kids and those attending. This is a child's first exposure to evangelizing their faith.

I am involved in a lot of different things at our church. None of which involves organizing little saints into a production for our Lord. I am too old and too grumpy for that. But I think that we should all say thank you to those around the world who teach children regularly in church. Those who spend hours and hours producing programs that teach the kids the Gospel of Jesus Christ and helping them to evangelize through their shows, need to be thanked.  I want to publically thank all those at Faith Bible Church in Greenfield Wisconsin and those involved around the world who have been called to Children's Ministry for what you do. Friends applaud loud, praise those kids and say thanks to all who work so hard for our Lord

I can't wait to see our program today. I always enjoy those little kids who sing and can pick their nose at the same time. Multi talented little people who probably will be called to Teen Ministry. LOL

God bless,
Marty


No comments:

Post a Comment