Thursday, December 4, 2014

Pheasant For Supper 12/4/2014

Good Morning,

I am wide awake and ready for the day. As always this will be a busy day. My cup is filled with Door County Maple Coffee. I did not get as much done last night in preparing for our Christmas Caroling Night as I had hoped for. So tonight will be a long one.


The picture above is our grandson Dominick. He visited Wisconsin a few days ago and we were able to spend some time hunting. Dom was successful in bagging a couple of pheasants. It was fun to watch our dog Gibbs work the field in front of Dominick and flush the birds so the young man could fire his shot gun and take some fowl home to eat.

The first thing Dominick had to learn after gun safety and how to shoot was to concentrate on watching the dog. The dog is always at work. His nose has been trained  and bred to smell birds. Dom needed to watch the dog and trust him to lead us to the birds. Many times I have taken my eyes off the dog and turned my back only to have pheasants flush near the dog. He knew where they were and knew what he was doing. I trusted myself instead of a trained nose. Then I went home without those birds.

John 5:17New Life Version (NLV)
17 Jesus said to them, “My Father is still working all the time so I am working also.”

Friends, God is always at work too. We need to keep our eyes and ears spiritually in tune with God. We need to watch for Him at work and ask if we can join in. When we take our eyes off of God and start trusting in our own abilities we might miss him at work. A lot like a pheasant hunter will miss shooting his or her supper because they did not watch the dog.

When was the last time you saw God at work and were in tune with Him enough to join in His work with Him and be truly successful?

Food for thought?

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment