Thursday, December 11, 2014

Living The Dream 12/11/2014

 
Good Morning,
 
 
I have started today with a cup of Door County Maple Coffee. I looked over the top of my glasses and I can see Friday. 
 

As I travel through my days, I stop to say hello and ask people how they are doing. Many people now reply "just living the dream". Their reply is usually sarcastic and does not sound very happy.  This is usually spewed out by people who are working. I receive some of these replies where I work. Some are from the cashiers in stores that I frequent. My barber just used this phrase.

Here's my thought. If you are working you are blessed. If I run into you during my day it is a blessing for me to see you. When we reply "just living the dream argh", we are basically saying "and running into you doesn't help".  I think we are a generation of complainers.

Philippians 2:14
14 Do everything without grumbling or complaining,

The next time someone says hello how are you doing. Don't reply with the insult "just living the dream". How about "Great! I woke up today and I wasn't in hell. It's more than I deserve"

Or "better now that I have seen you".

Food for thought!

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment