Wednesday, December 17, 2014

The Blessing That Keeps On Blessing 12/17/2014

Good Morning,

I am starting my day a little later this morning. My cup is filled with Door County Autumn Spice Coffee. My wife and daughter walked my legs off yesterday. It's funny I can walk all day to duck hunt but touring little shops wears my legs out much quicker.

James 1:17    
Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

On a cold day in 1978 in the middle of a snow storm our daughter Kristy entered the world. We were blessed with a healthy baby girl who has blossomed into a beautiful woman. Only a few months after being born Kristy started to share things. Once she could chew on harder items she would always offer people a bite. There were many Oreo cookies that had been sucked on for an hour that Dad would just have to take a bite of.

Nothing has changed except that she doesn't make you take a bite of her soggy cookie. She still shares. She shares her time with family and friends. Often the last to sleep and the first to rise. She is the first to offer help when a family member is down. She shares her knowledge with all the homework she has assisted her kids with. She shares her strength. I witnessed this just yesterday as she carried bags for my mother in law. We are proud of her and her accomplishments. She has moved up the corporate ladder through knowledge and hard work. You can see her values in her family.  So the blessing that started in 1978 has never stopped blessing others.  I am grateful to God for her and even the soggy Oreos. My life has never been the same since 1978. And I would go back anytime to eat one more soggy Oreo.

So today when you look at your kids. Look up and say thank you Dear God for the blessings of my child or children. Then thank Him for His. He has a Son that He is proud of too. That puts Christmas right into perspective.

God bless,

Marty

2 comments: