Friday, March 29, 2024

Thoughts For Good Friday 3/29/2024

 Good Morning,

I have in front of me a hot cup of Door County Chocolate Caramel Truffle Coffee and two sleepy dogs are at my feet. I don't have a lot planned for today and it is time to write. 

Tonight I will be honoring the death and burial of Jesus with two good friends of mine. We will be participating at an outdoor replay of the crucifixion of Jesus Christ. My friends and I will be dressed as Roman guards and our job is to guard the tomb of Jesus. Guards will be present in three hour shifts from Good Friday until Easter Morning, when the resurrection is reenacted.  This is a great honor to be partnering with another church in Milwaukee. This pageant has been a blessing to many, many people throughout the years. I find it to be a time of reflection and prayer as well as fellowship with my friends. 

My wife and I will be dining with her family on Sunday and our home is decorated for Easter. There is an Easter Lilly on the table. But what really matters to me is that on Good Friday My Lord and Savior gave up His life to save mine and yours. To me that is a message worth reflecting on and standing guard to get the message out that Jesus saves.

John 3:16. For God so loved the world (You) that He gave His one and only son, that whoever (You) believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life. 

Food for thought!

Marty

2 comments: