Tuesday, March 26, 2024

The Door That Doesn't Unlock 3/26/2024

Good Morning,

I just sat down to write and my Door County Mocha Mint Coffee is in front of me and it is steaming hot. 


In the picture above is a repurposed lock and door nob that I refinished and added to a piece of wood taken from my great grand parents home. I had it stored away for a long time. It gets mounted on a wall and can be used to hang robes on or just about anything. Today it will be used as a prop for my thoughts. 

As you can see this lock is not functional and will never open again. Life sometimes takes us to a point in our walk when we want to go through a door but it remains closed. For some reason we cannot get beyond a desire and move forward. We get depressed or angry when we can't get what we want. 

Isaiah 55:8-9NIV  "For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways," declares the Lord. 9. "As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts."

That door just won't open. Have you considered this? Maybe God does not want that door to be open to you. He might be leading you in a totally different direction. His thoughts are definitely higher than our thoughts. He knows what He wants for us, and he might be protecting us from a huge mistake. 

Jeremiah 29:11 "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord. "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future,"

Not every door will open to us and it is at that time when we need to trust in God, and be content with the present situation. It is at the times of the closed door that we should pray diligently and listen for God's still small voice.

Isaiah :30:21 ESV  And your ears shall hear  a word behind you, saying, "This is the way, walk in it." when you turn to the right or when you turn to the left.

God knows the situation and what is needed. Trust in Him and do not pry open doors that are closed. 

Marty






2 comments:

  1. I have also learned that my timing is not also God's will and now I am learning to accept His timing.

    ReplyDelete