Sunday, March 3, 2024

I Choose To Be Happy 3/3/2024

 Good Morning,

I just filled my cup with some very hot Door County Churro Coffee. I am surrounded by three springer spaniels and it is time to write.


Last night at our Saturday evening church service, we had a special surprise for all of us. As is part of our custom before praise and worship begins, we read a verse of Scripture after an opening prayer. Last night was pretty much the same, except that our verse was not read, it was recited by memory. Our orator was a little girl named Zoey, who is six years old. She recited the entire 23rd Psalm out loud and proud. She was on the stage in front of the small congregation and Zoey was barking with the big dogs. 

Psalm 16:11 NKJV You will show me the path of life ; In Your presence is fullness of joy; At Your right hand are pleasures forever more.

John 16:33 NKJV These things I have spoken to you, that in Me you may have peace. In the world, you will have tribulation, but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world."

There is so much going on in the world and at times it seems like only bad news makes the nightly news report.  Churches have come under attack and now along with many ministry teams you have a security team. I usually do the majority of the speaking on Saturday nights. Last night I had the privilege of sitting and listening to our Senior Pastor deliver a message on the baptism of Jesus. I sat down and relaxed and listened. My wife Rene and I have been busier than usual. So last night instead of running out to eat to break up the busyness I chose to be happy. I saw a little girl give it her all for Jesus and I listened to a message that recharged my soul. I sang along with some music and relaxed. 

There are many upon many activities that one can partake of on a Saturday night. There are many worries that can consume a heart and mind. But for one hour, maybe a little more I chose to be happy in the Lord.

Make the right choice and find that despite all that is evil you can still find peace for your soul in church.

God bless,

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment